DOUBTFUL SOUND TRIP & BOAT CRUISE
Doubtful Sound is a remote fiord known as ‘the Sound of Silence’. It’s home to one of the southernmost populations of bottlenose dolphins. This majestic fiord has no direct road access so is quieter and more remote than it’s famous neighbour Milford Sound, visitors agree that this adds to its magic.
This tour includes a Wilderness day cruise.
- Start with a cruise across Lake Manapouri, followed by a coach trip over the epic Wilmot Pass through Fiordland’s rainforest and into the Sound
- A 3-hour cruise through the waterways of Doubtful Sound
- Commentary by our knowledgeable Skipper and Nature Guide
- Wildlife viewing, including dolphins, fur seals and even occasionally penguins
- Picnic lunches available for purchase from Manapouri Café or choose an add on lunch option when making your booking
- Snacks and drinks available for purchase (cash only onboard)
Tour departs Invercargill at 7.30am and returns at approximately 8.00pm.
We collect from all CBD accommodation.
Wilderness Cruise departs Manapouri 10.00am and returns to Manapouri 5.15pm.
A minimum of 6 people required for trip to depart.
Add on the option of lunch or pack your own.
Children (5-14 years) $288.00